Skip to Main Content
Air & space
- Advance Technologies & Aerospace Index Indexing and abstracts from more than 4,000 titles, including content from AIAA and NASA. Previously named Aerospace Database
- Air and Space Law (HeinOnline) History of air and spaceflight. Topics covered include: airline deregulation; air traffic control modernization; airline safety concerns in a post-9/11 world; drones; satellites; the Space Shuttle Program, space debris; and the increasing amount of private, commercial companies and their stake in space.
- Aviation Law Reporter with Case Archives (Wolters Kluwer) US federal and state court decisions pertaining to civil aviation issues from 1822 onward
- Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation (CANSO) Publications, news, programs
- Department of Transportation (Transport Canada) Acts, regulations, reports
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Regulations, agency rules (soft law), public consultations, product certification documents
- Factiva News articles from over 32,000 top news sources from around the world. Narrow search results by industry > Transportation/Logistics > Air Transport or Space Transport
- European Space Agency ESA Bulletin, brochures, reports
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Kluwer Law Online Air & Space Law journal
- Marketline Intelligence reports & analyses by industry and sector, including aerospace and defense industry, air passenger transportation, and airport transport infrastructure.
- McGill Institute of Air and Space Law Publications (via HeinOnline)
- National Space Law Database (UNOOSA) National laws and regulations relating to exploration and use of outer space
- Space Law: Basic Legal Documents Comprehensive collection of basic legal documents on space law
- United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (UNCOPUOS) Space objects register, Documents and resolutions database
- Art Antiquity and Law (via HeinOnline) Journal dedicated to the law governing art and antiquity and related policies.
- Art Law & Cultural Property Database International Cultural Property/Ownership & Export Legislation relating to works of art and case law, produced by the International Foundation for Art Research (IFAR).
- ArThemis Case notes about art and cultural property disputes settled through alternative resolution methods or traditional judicial proceedings.
- EcoLex Treaties, international soft-law and other non-binding policy and technical guidance documents, national legislation, caselaw, and law and policy literature on environmental law.
- Encyclopedia of environmental law (Elgaronline). Organised into 12 volumes around top-level subjects – such as water, energy and climate change – that reflect some of the most pressing issues facing us today.
- Annotated Leading Cases of International Criminal Tribunals The most important decisions, including concurring, separate and dissenting opinions of the ICTY, ICTR, The Special Court for Sierra Leone, The International Criminal Tribunal for Timor-Leste and the ICC.
- Brill Human Rights and Humanitarian Law E-books covering various aspects of human rights from 2006 onward.
- Dialogues in Human Rights and Legal Pluralism Dialogues between members of the McGill Centre on Human Rights and Legal Pluralism about various issues and topics related to this field, such as migration, religion, criminal justice, and governance.
- Encyclopedia of human rights (Oxford). Focusing primarily on developments since 1945, it offers comprehensive coverage of all aspects of human rights theory, practice, law and history.
- European Court of Human Rights Cases Court’s judgments, information on communicated cases, advisory opinions, press releases, legal summaries and Commission decisions and reports published in the HUDOC database.
- Global Health and Human Rights Law Database Law from around the world relating to health and human rights by O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University.
- Human Rights Studies Online Primary and secondary materials across multiple media formats on major human rights violations and crimes 1900-2010 including Armenia, the Holocaust, Cambodia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Rwanda, Darfur, and more.
- Human Trafficking Knowledge Portal Case law, legislation, and bibliography on trafficking in persons crime.
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights Database Detailed summaries of cases rendered by the Inter-American Court, including descriptions of cases’ facts, procedural history, merits, and states’ compliance with the Inter-American Court’s judgment.
- International Crimes Database (ICD) Comprehensive database on international crimes adjudicated by national, as well as international and internationalized courts.
- International Human Rights and Canada Database International human rights instruments that are relevant to Canada, Canada’s official position vis-à-vis such instruments, and international human rights jurisprudence relating to Canada.
- International Justice Resource Center Online Resource Hub (IJRC) Informational resources useful for becoming familiar with international human rights law.
- Legal Recognition of Same-Sex Relationships Legislative status by country.
- UN Global Gender Equality Constitutional Database Gender equality related provisions in 195 constitutions from around the world.
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Refworld Public domain information on conditions in countries of origin, including human rights violations and violations of humanitarian law.
- UN Human Rights Treaties Travaux Préparatoires Drafting histories from the major post-World War II human rights treaties.
- United Nations Mechanism for International Criminal Tribunals Cases and documents from International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda and the International Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.
- Universal Human Rights Index Recommendations and their state of implementation issued by three key pillars of the United Nations human rights protection system.
- Wrongful Convictions: an Ongoing Conversation with David Milgaard. Moderated by Mugambi Jouet. Zoom, February 3rd 2022.
- WIPOLex Legal information on intellectual property: treaties administered by WIPO, other IP-related treaties, and laws and regulations of the Members States of WIPO, the UN and the WTO.
Investment, trade & commercial arbitration
- Arbitration Law Full text database of journals and other publications from Juris Publishing and JurisNet LLC in cooperation with various arbitration organizations.
- Commentaries on World Trade Law Online. A a comprehensive, standard reference work on WTO Law. The Commentaries explain the provisions of the WTO Agreements article by article, setting out the interpretation of each article in the case law, in practice and in scholarly writing.
- Encyclopedia of international economic law (Elgaronline). This comprehensive resource helps redefine the field by presenting international economic law in its broadest, real-world context.
- Encyclopedia of private international law (Elgaronline). 57 different countries are represented by authors who shed light on the current state of Private International Law around the globe, providing unique insights into the discipline and how it is affected by globalization and increased regional integration.
- Global Arbitration Review International arbitration news and community intelligence (use VPN to access off campus).
- ICC Dispute Resolution Library Bulletins, supplements, dossiers, awards, articles, statistical reports, procedural decisions, commission reports, enforcement guide from ICC International Court of Arbitration. Log into the ICC Dispute Resolution Library with the credentials displayed on the McGill Library page that opens when you click on the resource link from this guide.
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration Treaties and conventions on arbitration, national arbitration laws, international, national, and regional arbitral and ADR institutions, arbitration resources online.
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes Information about Centre's activities and cases.
- Investment Arbitration Reporter News and analysis service tracking international arbitration between foreign investors and sovereign governments.
- Juris International - Dispute Resolution Centres Information on commercial arbitration, mediation, conciliation, expertise centres and other alternative dispute resolution centers or services including the full text of their rules and model clauses.
- Jus Mundi - Academic Research (Brill) Multilingual database that includes over 16,000 international law and investor-state arbitration documents, including treaties, ICJ, PCIJ, PCA, ITLOS, ICSID and other arbitration institutions, UNCITRAL, IUSCT documents (judgments, arbitral awards, orders, pleadings, etc.), and decisions of the Mixed Claims Commission.
- Investment Claims (Oxford) Arbitration awards and decisions with peer-reviewed case reports and analysis, bilateral investment treaty sets, multilateral treaties, investment treaty overviews, monographs, journal and yearbook articles, arbitral rules, English translations of key portions of non-English decisions.
- Kluwer Arbitration International arbitration research including access to ICC cases and awards.
- Organization of American States Foreign Trade Information System Trade agreements and investment treaties.
- Oxford Legal Research Library Oxford UP collection covering the area of International Commercial Arbitration, International Commercial Law, Financial and Banking Law, and Private International Law Collections.
- Permanent Court of Arbitration Cases, reports, rules, and conventions.
- Preferential Trade Agreements Database Full text-searchable electronic versions of all Preferential and Regional Trade Agreements notified to the WTO and in force and many not-yet-notified to the WTO.
- Regional Trade Agreements Notified to the WTO By country/territory, criteria/topics.
- TradeLawGuide WTO jurisprudence, trade agreements & instruments.
- Transnational Dispute Management Online journal on international arbitration with a special focus on investment arbitration.
- US Treaties and Agreements Library Most complete online collection of U.S. treaties and agreements (via HeinOnline).
- Unilex International caselaw and bibliography on CISG & UNIDROIT Principles.
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law Court decisions and arbitral awards relating to the Conventions and Model Laws through UNCITRAL CLOUT database.
- WorldTradeLaw.net Current trade news and resources, summary and analysis of all WTO reports and arbitrations, dispute settlement tables and statistics, WTO cases, and legal texts.
- Taxnet.pro Full coverage of all Canadian taxes plus some OECD material.
- TaxNotes Daily news, analysis, and commentary for tax professionals (users must create a personal account).
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record