Skip to main content
- Barker, Muhammad A.-R. A Course in Urdu =: Ibtidāʼī Urdū. Ithaca, N.Y: Spoken Language Services, 1990.
- Barker, Muhammad A.-R. A Course in Urdu. Montreal: Institute of Islamic Studies, McGill University, 1967.
- Barker, Muhammad A.-R, Shah A. Salam, and Muḥammad A. Siddīqī. A Reader of Classical Urdu Poetry. Ithaca, N.Y: Spoken Language Services, 1977.
- Bhatia, Tej K, and Ashok Koul. Colloquial Urdu: The Complete Course for Beginners. London: Routledge, 2013. Electronic resource.
- Dowson, John. A Grammar of the Urdū or Hindūstānī Language. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner & Co, 1908.
- Pien, Joshua H, and Fauzia Farooqui. Beginning Urdu: A Complete Course. Washington DC: Georgetown University Press, 2011.
- Platts, John T. A Grammar of the Hindustānī or Urdu Language. Delhi: Munshiram Manoharlal, 1990.
- Russell, Ralph. A New Course in Urdu and Spoken Hindi: For Learners in Britain. London: University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies, Extramural Division, 1986. Electronic resource.
- Schmidt, Ruth L. Dakhini Urdu: History and Structure. New Delhi: Bahri, 1981.
- Schmidt, Ruth L. Urdu, an Essential Grammar. London: Routledge, 1999.
- Shackle, C, and Rupert Snell. Hindi and Urdu Since 1800: A Common Reader. New Delhi, India: Heritage Publishers, 1990.
- Singh, Rajendra. Annual Review of South Asian Languages and Linguistics: 2008. Berlin: Mouton De Gruyter, 2008. Electronic resource.
- Southworth, Franklin C. The Student's Hindi-Urdu Reference Manual. Tucson: University of Arizona Press, 1971.
- JSTOR A subject searchable index of journals on-line with JSTOR. Retrieves full-text back files of scholarly journals, some of which date back to the 1800's. Does not include articles more recent than five years ago.
- Academic Search Complete (Ebsco) Scholarly and general interest sources in business, medicine, humanities, social sciences, and science and technology.
- ProQuest Research Library A multidisciplinary database covering disciplines within the humanities and social sciences.
- Web of Science Scholarly articles for medicine, humanities, social sciences, and science and technology.It also includes citation indexes
A complete list of databases accessible to McGill affiliated researchers is available here.