Skip to main content
Getting started with library research in history of medicine
McGill's library catalogues: Classic Catalogue and WorldCat
- McGill currently has two library catalogues, its primary catalogue, WorldCat, and a local catalogue containing print books, Classic Catalogue.
- Finding books in history of medicine: one way to narrow your search (i.e., to eliminate contemporary medical literature from your results) is by searching the the Osler Library subcatalogue of McGill's Classic Catalogue:
- Click the "Sub-catalogues" tab, then click "Osler Library of the History of Medicine" under the Library and Collections category.
- Run your search! Note that Classic Catalogue will not retrieve any of McGill's electronic resources.
- Use McGill WorldCat to find not just books, but all the library's electronic resources as well as articles.