Skip to main content
- Gale Literature Resource Center is a database providing access to full-text articles from scholarly journals and literary magazines, critical essays, work and topic overviews, full-text works, biographies, as well as a wealth of information on authors, their works, and literary movements (via the Literary Index, and the Encyclopedia of Literature). Its content covers all genres and disciplines, all time periods and all parts of the world.
- Kotobarabia E-Library delivers over 3,500 contemporary and classic Arabic electronic books from Egypt, divided into 29 thematic categories and several subcategories. The books are both full-image and full-text searchable.
- ProQuest Literature Online is a database focusing on the study and teaching of literature in English. It combines the original texts of more than 355,000 literary works with a vast library of key criticism and reference resources, and a constantly growing library of full-text journals and author biographies.
- Adab.com is a growing collection of both classical and contemporary Arabic poetry which can be browsed either by Poet's name or by poem. The website is in Arabic but a few general pages are accessible in English.
- Arab Women Writers created and maintained by Nahla Hanno, is a blog providing reliable biographical and publications information for three generations of 20th century Arab women writers. The website is in English.
- Arab World Books is a Cultural club and Arabic Bookstore specializing in the Egypt, Arab and Middle-East area promoting cross cultural dialogue and featuring articles, stories, literature, poetry, individual dossier for Arab writers, book discussion, creative writing workshop and readers club. The website is bilingual, English-Arabic.
- Arabic Literature (in English) is a daily updated blog which includes books critics, reading lists, events announcements, etc. The main author, M. Lynx Qualey is a writer and reader based in Cairo, Egypt, and about fifteen writers, academics, and translators contribute to the blog. All content is in English.
- Arabic Short Story is a website created and maintained by Jubayr Milayhan. It presents contributions, mainly from Egypt, Syria, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia, about short story in the Arab World.
- Al-Bab (الباب) is a daily updated blog consisting mainly of links to other sites. Originally launched in 1998 by Brian Whitaker, a PhD student at the time, it focused on Yemeni arts and culture. Since then, its coverage expanded to all Arab countries.
- Boston University Libraries Arab Women Writers research guide consists of a constantly updated bibliography of Arab women political, religious, and literary writings translated into English.
- The Database of Arabic Literature in Western Research (DAL) is an internet-based bibliographic database of Arabic literature in western research which provides easy access to detailed, annotated and content-enriched bibliographic records of books, articles, chapters of books and reviews written in English.
- Middle Eastern Literatures aims to provide a forum for the academic study of all Middle Eastern literatures. It includes articles about both classical and contemporary literature in a number of languages (English, French, German, Persian, Turkish, Hebrew, Kurdish, or Urdu), and regional literatures of the Middle East, such as the Arabic, French, and Tamazight ("Berber") literature from North Africa. Online resource.