Skip to Main Content
Welcome! / About BIPOC musicians
- Use this guide to explore the musical traditions, compositions, and scholarship of Black, Indigenous, people of colour (BIPOC) musicians.
- This is not an all-encompassing guide to BIPOC musicians, but rather a list of resources to help start the scholarly conversation and encourage the study and performance of more diverse repertoire. We invite you to contact us with any comments or constructive suggestions.
- Use the menu located on the left (web browser) or at the top of the page (mobile devices) to navigate this guide. Within each category, you will find information and links to help you navigate the resources available to you through the Library and beyond.
- For more on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives at McGill University, consult McGill's Equity page, Anti-Black Racism Resources, and the Schulich School of Music's Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion plan.
- Having issues with any of the online resources listed in the guide? Consult the Library's webpage Common 'how-to' fixes for online resources