Skip to main content
Sources for Background Information
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
Core and Additional Databases
- Bibliographie der deutschen Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft (BDSL), coverage 1985-to date with some earlier years.
Use the printed volumes of Bibliographie der deutschen Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft for earlier years (before 1985).
- Deutsche Literatur des 18. Jahrhunderts online. The approximately 2,700 works with almost 4,500 volumes reflect the broad spectrum of German literature from the early stages of the age of Enlightenment to the later part of the period.
- Germanistik Online Datenbank. Approximately 340,000 monographic studies, collected volumes and journals from the areas of literature, theatre studies, media studies, cultural history and linguistics are made accessible bibliographically.
- MLA International Bibliography Published by the Modern Language Association of America.
- Published by the Modern Language Association of America. coverage 1984- Very large, multi-subject periodical indexes. There is a lot of content dealing with German literature and culture in these databases and very many full-text files. Years of coverage vary greatly
- Humanities full text Humanities Full Text includes many of the most important academic journals in the humanities with the full text of articles from over 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, and high-quality indexing for almost 700 journals--of which 470 are peer-reviewed--dating as far back as 1984.
- ProQuest Research Library - (Years of coverage vary)
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) - (Years of coverage vary)
Related Subject Guides
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record