Skip to main content
- Australian Law Dictionary. Key reference for those who need familiarity with Australian legal terms.
- Barron's Canadian Law Dictionary (via QuickLaw). This dictionary defines important legal terms, describes the Canadian court system and presents The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms in its entirely. It is fully updated to keep pace with revisions in Canadian national and provincial law.
- Bernstein's Dictionary of Bankruptcy Terminology. Most commonly used bankruptcy terms.
- Collins Dictionary of Law (Harper Collins) (via Credo Reference). Comprehensive coverage of business law, Scott, and Irish law. Wide coverage of business law terms. Defines legal terms of the EU and Commonwealth countries.
- Dictionary of Conflict Resolution (Wiley) (via Credo Reference). The first dictionary for the field of conflict resolution. Offers common and varied uses of terms, clarifies differences between terms, and recommends accurate usage.
- Dictionary of Law (A & C Black) (via Credo Reference). Provides clear, concise and fully up-to-date information on all aspects of civil, criminal and commercial law. Examples and encyclopedic comments help to explain complex terms from British, European and US legal procedure.
- Dictionnaires de droit privé en ligne (Paul-André Crépeau Centre for Private and Comparative Law). Legal terminology that reflect the bilingual and bijural specificity of Quebec's legal culture. Includes the Private Law Dictionary (2nd. ed), the Private Law Dictionary-Obligations and the Private Law Dictionary of the Family, in their French and English versions.
- Dictionnaire du droit privé français (Serge Braudo). Définition des termes se rapportant plus particulièrement aux matières suivantes: Droit civil, Droit international privé, Droit social, Droit commercial, Organisation des juridictions civiles de l"ordre judiciare, Droit procédural appliqué par les juridictions civiles et Droit des voies d'exécution.
- Guide to the English Terminology of the Civil Code of Québec (Paul-André Crépeau Centre for Private and Comparative Law). Entries on words appearing in the English text of the Civil Code of Québec that have meanings which depart from everyday and idiomatic English, or which have a specific connotation or usage in the context of the Code.
- Irwin Law's Canadian Online Law Dictionary. A collaborative dictionary comprised, initially, of terms defined in the glossaries of Canadian law books published by Irwin Law.
- Legal Dictionaries (via HeinOnline). Nearly 300 titles from various countries, on multiple topics.
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law (via Credo Reference). Comprehensive guide to the language of law for everyone from the homeowner to the legal professional.
- Oxford Dictionary of Law (via Oxford Reference Online). Over 4,200 entries that clearly define the major terms, concepts, processes and the organization of the English legal system.
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record