***IMPORTANT: this applies to:
SINGLE STUDIES (which can also be called scholarly articles or research studies or primary studies or primary research). These include:
- randomized controlled trials (RCT)
- Cohort studies
- case control studies etc.
OR SYNTHESES (which can also be called secondary studies). These include:
- systematic reviews (with or without meta-analysis)
- scoping reviews etc.
This does NOT apply to:
SUMMARIES (which can also be called Topics). These include:
- Topics in UpToDate or DynamedPlus
- Clinical Practice guidelines