Skip to main content
- Academic Search Complete (Ebsco) Scholarly and general interest sources in business, medicine, humanities, social sciences, and science and technology.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies Indexes articles and book chapters, including many South Asian publications not covered by other databases. Browse journal lists to see the time periods covered.
- Encyclopedia of Islam (2nd edition, Brill) Covers the Islamic world up to, roughly the 20th century.
- Encyclopedia of Islam (3rd edition, Brill) Covers the Islamic world from the 20th century to the present.
- Historical Abstracts (Ebsco) Covers a broad range of topics including references to South Asian studies.
- Index Islamicus (Brill) An excellent resource to begin researching. II covers all European languages related to Islamic studies.
- JSTOR A subject searchable index of journals on-line with JSTOR. Retrieves full-text back files of scholarly journals, some of which date back to the 1800's. Does not include articles more recent than five years ago.
- Modern Language Association (MLA) International Bibliography Contains citations to critical works on literature, language, linguistics, and folklore.
- Project Muse A subject searchable index of the Johns Hopkins University Press Journals on-line with Project Muse. Retrieves more than 5000 full text articles.
- SAVIFA (Xasia) (University of Heidelberg) An information gateway for South Asia Studies, which offers you a comprehensive access to professionally selected and annotated internet resources as well as other scientific information.
- South Asia Research Documentation Services 3 (SARDS3) SARDS3 is an electronic database containing bibliographic references to South Asia research articles published in journals, collective volumes, conference proceedings, Festschriften, etc.