Books and background information
The Library has thousands of books, both print and ebooks, on various aspects of organizational behaviour.
- WorldCat: The McGill Library's catalogue. Use the facets on the left to limit results to books or ebooks.
Articles and news
Articles written by academics, analysts, and investigative journalists are often good sources of information on organizational behaviour issues, both generally and in the context of a specific company or organization.
- Business Source Complete: Comprehensive database of articles from scholarly and trade journals, working papers, market reports, industry reports, and news.
- ABI/Inform: Complimentary to Business Source Complete and similar in scope, with a greater emphasis on trade publications.
- CBCA Complete: Canadian business and current affairs magazines.
- Factiva: Newspaper articles from over 32,000 top news sources from around the world in 28 languages.
See also: Articles and News guide
Tip! To locate scholarly, peer-reviewed articles
, search in Business Source Complete and ABI/Inform and use the scholarly article and peer review options to filter your search results.
Organizational behavior or situations take place in the context of a company/organization. Understanding this context and the various ways these behaviours can influence and be influenced by these various contexts.
When studying organizational behaviour, it is therefore often useful to have a good understanding of the company/organization involved, the industry that company is a part of, and the country in which the company is situated.
These reports help you to understand the company you are studying: the executives, how the company structured, the corporate history, the products and services offered by the company, as well as their financials. Some reports will also provide an analysis of the company's performance as well as the opportunities and challenges they face.
- LexisNexis Corporate Affiliations: Brief company profiles including board relationships and corporate hierarchies.
- Mergent Online: Provides company overview, history, executive profiles, annual reports, financials.
- MarketLine: Provides company overview, major products and services, key competitors as well as SWOT analysis for larger companies.
- Passport GMID: Focuses on companies in the consumer market. Click Companies tab and search for company by name.
- Company Information (Business Source Complete)
Provides company information as well as links to related articles, SWOT analysis, etc. Click Company Information, then search for the company you are interested in.
See also: Company Research guide
Industry reports help you to better understand the business or market context of the company or organization that you are studying.
- IBISWorld: Reports contain industry performance, competitors, competitive landscape, product and market information.
- Marketline: Reports contain market segmentation, market outlook, and five forces analysis.
- Passport: Focus on consumer goods & services. Background, competitive environment, market shares, industry data, outlook and more.
- Conference Board of Canada: Reports providing economic research, analysis, and forecasts on Canadian industries. Includes both in-depth outlook reports on almost 20 key industry sectors, as well as shorter profile reports on other industries.
- Canadian Industries and Businesses: Statistics, reports, and benchmark data from Industry Canada.
See also: Industry Research guide
Country profiles also help you to understand the broader social, political, and economical contexts that might have an influence or impact on the company or organziation you are interested in.
- EIU Country Profiles: Analysis and forecasts of political, economic and business environments in more than 180 countries.
- Marketline: PESTLE reports (political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental) for over 100 countries.