1. Question: Formulate a clear, answerable question
2. Protocol: Write and register a protocol that outlines the steps you will take in the review
3. Search: Conduct a systematic, reproducible search to find articles relevant to your question
4. Screening: Look at each article to see if it matches your inclusion and exclusion criteria
5. Appraisal: Assess the quality of the studies included in your review
6. Synthesis: Summarize the knowledge you have found
7. Writing: Write your methods and results for publication
Due to a large influx of requests, there may be an extended wait time for librarian support on knowledge syntheses.
Find a librarian in your subject area to help you with your knowledge synthesis project.