Skip to main content
- Find article and author citations in the three big citation databases: Google Scholar, Web of Science, and Scopus. Create accounts in these resources to set up automatic citation alerts.
- Create a profile in Google Scholar (called, My Citations) to keep track of when your own works are cited.
- Learn about profiles, citations, and other metrics from the impact measurements subject guide.
- Subscribe to the table of contents of journals using JournalTOCs.
- Set up search alerts in the different databases to find out when new articles are published on your topic.
- Join a social networking site, such as ResearchGate and LinkedIn, to follow researchers of interest and contribute to the scholarly conversation.
- Follow researchers and associations or societies (examples below) on Twitter.
Communities, associations, and societies
Join and follow an online community, association, or society: